SERMON SERIES: Parables - The Stories of Jesus
Week 1 - The Sower and the Seed (How Do You Hear?)
Watch the video below prior to listening to the sermon.
The SIMPLE stories we call parables aren’t so SIMPLE!
For believers, the parables are designed to be a LIFE-GIVING call to ACTION.
The Sower and the Seed
Seed = God’s Word
Soil = The hearts of people into which the seed is sown
Sower = Those who share the Gospel, who seek to reach the lost
Jesus isn’t giving WIGGLE-ROOM for how you get to heaven.
There are only two categories of people in the world… those who are CHRISTIANS and EVERYONE ELSE.
FRUIT is the only evidence of authentic, saving faith.
Success or failure doesn’t hinge on our SKILL as sowers.
It is the Holy Spirit who prepares the soil of people’s hearts.
2 Hooks for Today...
When the Word is preached, how do you HEAR?
Are you answering the call to THROW THE SEED?
Week 2 - Wheat and Weeds-Yeast-Mustard Seed (The Power of the Kingdom of Heaven)
Rev. Matthew Campion is preaching today's message!
Week 3: Hidden Treasure/Pearl/Net (The Kingdom of Heaven: Priceless!)
THE PARABLES OF THE HIDDEN TREASURE, PEARL AND NET!
- The Kingdom of Heaven is PRICELESS and LIFE-CHANGING.
- True disciples recognize that God's kingdom is so VALUABLE that it's worth SACRIFICING EVERYTHING to be a part of it.
- We can't BUY it, but only an absolute fool would be unwilling to surrender all to GAIN it.
- Commitment to Christ isn't an ADD-ON to our real PRIORITIES.
- The parable of the net reminds us HOW MUCH is at stake. And... it's a limited time OFFER.
- Who or what do I hold MORE DEAR than Jesus?
QUESTIONS TO PONDER:
How valuable is the Kingdom of God to me?
Am I willing to let go of every earthly treasure and submit my life to Jesus?