Life Hacks/Faith that Works (based on the book of James)
Week 1 (6/28/20) - Let Me Introduce You To...
Week 2 (7/5/20) - How to Face Life's Trials...
There are sound issues at the end of the video. Be patient; it does come back on!
James 1:2-8, 12
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
Trials are inevitable!
- Trials will test your faith!
- Trials produce perseverance; they exercise your faith muscle!
- God's got a plan to use every trial for our good and His glory!
How do we rise above our trials?
- Embrace trials (consider it joy) as God's way to mature our faith.
- Allow trials to complete God's purpose in our lives.
- Ask for wisdom to help you view a trial from God's perspective.
- Don't be double minded - wanting your will and God's will at the same time!
- Ask God to help you, so you don't waste your pain!
Here's a great prayer to start each day!
God, I don't like this test... I wouldn't choose this test!
But help me to depend on you, and to bless Your Name in the midst of it! Amen!