Palm Sunday Worship
THE ROAD TO THE CROSS (Part 2) - March 29, 2020
Does the Bible apply to what's happening in our world right now?
WHAT CAN WE LEARN FROM JESUS, AS HE TRAVELED THE ROAD TO THE CROSS
THAT CAN HELP US DEAL WITH THE UNEXPECTED ROAD WE TRAVEL TOGETHER TODAY?
History is really HIStory (HIS story: God interacting in our timeline)
- No one expected Christmas... for God to take on human flesh!
- No one expected the cross... for God to take on human sin!
- No one expected Easter... an empty tomb because God rose from the dead!
- No one expected COVID-19... to be stuck at home, attending online worship!
GOD IS NEVER SURPRISED! (Isaiah 46:9-10)
- God is all knowing! And what God knows is what God will do!
- The cross wasn't God's Plan B because God wasn't surprised by our sin.
- The cross was God's Plan A! God knew we would need a Savior!
- Jesus knew that the road he traveled was the Road to the Cross!
- COVID-19 didn't surprise God! Could it be that God is using this time to wake up our world to His presence? Could it be that God is smashing idols, creating space for the working of the Holy Spirit? (Romans 11:33-36)
PRAYER MATTERS! (Quick recap of last week's message)
- The disciples fell asleep in the Garden of Gethsemane (and fell into temptation shortly after)
- Jesus fell to his knees, took his fear and anguish to his Father (and walked the road to the cross)
- The Father didn't take away the cross, but the Holy Spirit took away Christ's fear... enabling Jesus to take the first step toward the cross.
- Prayer alone will enable us to walk this unknown road, in a way that witnesses God's love to lost people.
THE ROAD TO THE CROSS IS A PAINFUL PATH!
- Christ was betrayed, denied, falsely convicted, whipped, mocked, humiliated, burdened with our sin... and crucified!
- Each step along this road requires a deliberate decision to depend upon God.
- On the road to the cross we must die to ourselves, before we can live for Jesus.
- Jesus has already traveled a road more difficult than we will ever travel! He is with us as we travel now.
- COVID-19 is bringing new believers to Jesus Christ!
DON'T FORGET! Pray the Lord's Prayer every time you wash your hands!
THE ROAD TO THE CROSS (Part 1) - March 22, 2020
SERMON NOTES - Mark 14:32-42
JESUS DID HIS BEST WORK ON HIS KNEES!
THE ROAD TO THE CROSS BEGINS WITH PRAYER...
- Prayer is an intimate conversation with our Father... where our true selves meet true love.
- Prayer stems from complete confidence in God's power!
- Prayer is asking "daddy" to help us in our need.
- Prayer results in obedient submission to God's will!
We pray EXPECTING power and ACCEPTING suffering!
Pray the Lord's Prayer every time you wash your hands!