Let's celebrate! MidKids Worship is back!
MidKids Worship will re-open on August 23rd! Please check out our ‘MidKids Covid-19 Procedures’ with information about some new health and safety protocols, including temperature checks, masks, distanced seating, and sanitizing.
Of course, those who feel most comfortable keeping their children in adult worship with them are certainly welcome to do so. And those families who are still remaining at home, definitely check out these excellent resources for online children’s worship.
SLAM Kids at First NLR
Be sure to visit our MidKids Online Facebook Playlist for previously published Thursday night program posts! Here you will find God-centered games and family fun hosted by our MidKids Director, Miss. Melissa.
Your child matters to God and matters to us! We want them to learn about who God is and who they are because of Jesus Christ.
We do this through age-specific lessons, small groups, and trusted adult leadership in a variety of programs!
Due to Covid, some of our MidKids times may have changed. Please refer to this schedule for the most up to date information on our programs.
Covid-19 MidKids Schedule:
MidKids Worship: Sundays 10:30-11:30 starting Aug.23.
MidKids Sunday School: Sundays 9:00-10:00 starting Sept. 13
MidKids in Action: expected to resume in 2021
MidKids Nursery: Sundays 10:30-11:30 starting Aug. 23
8:45-11:45 starting Sept.13
Our regular, non-Covid schedule is as follows:
- Cry Room at the rear of the worship center
- Nursery/Toddlers (Birth thru 3 years) - Sunday morning from 8:45-11:45am
- Sunday School (4 years thru Jr. High) - Sunday morning from 9-10am (summer hiatus begins 6/7/20 - resumes 9/6/20)
- MidKids Worship (4 years - 5th grade) - during the pastor's sermon each Sunday morning
- MidKids In Action (2nd thru 6th grade) - Thursday night from 6-7pm
MISSION & CORE VALUES
MidKids Ministry exists to help children discover Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior
AND to live out the gospel in their everyday lives.
- We believe age appropriate activities help children build relationships with God, with adults and with each other!
- We believe safety matters so every adult in every program has been interviewed and trained, and has a current background check on file. Safe Child Guidelines are followed. Nursery toys and surface areas are disinfected after each session.
- We believe God has given parents a mandate to help their children grow in faith, so our role is to partner with parents.
- We believe ministry is not "to" children, but "with" children. So we believe every program must be child-centered, relevant, relational, creative, fun and God-honoring. God's not boring; children's ministry shouldn't be either!
- We believe children should feel God's unconditional love, so our discipline practices reflect God's love and grace.
MEET OUR MIDKIDS DIRECTOR
Melissa Withrow joined the leadership team at Middle in 2018. She has a Masters Degree in Education and is an art teacher in the Belle Vernon Area School District. She has been our Vacation Bible School Director since 2012.