Please check out our ‘MidKids Covid-19 Procedures’ with information about some new health and safety protocols, including temperature checks, masks, distanced seating, and sanitizing.
If you feel more comfortable keeping your children with you in the worship center, you are certainly welcome to do so.
CURRENT MidKids SCHEDULE
Your child matters to God and matters to us!
We want them to learn about who God is and who they are because of Jesus Christ.
We do this through age-specific lessons, small groups, and trusted adult leadership in a variety of programs!
God-centered games and family fun hosted by our MidKids Director, Miss. Melissa.
Current MidKids Schedule:
MidKids Worship: Sundays 10:30-11:30
MidKids Sunday School: Sundays 9:00-10:00
MidKids Nursery: Sundays 8:45-11:45
MidKids in Action: expected to resume Thursday nights in 2021
To see an online version of our high energy, fast paced, interactive and topical midweek Children's Program, MidKids in Action, be sure to visit our MidKids Online Facebook Playlist for previously published Thursday night program posts!
MidKids in Action is hoping to resume in person in 2021. Gather up the kids and join us!
MISSION & CORE VALUES
MidKids Ministry exists to help children discover Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior...
AND to live out the gospel in their everyday lives.
- We believe age appropriate activities help children build relationships with God, with adults and with each other!
- We believe safety matters so every adult in every program has been interviewed and trained, and has a current background check on file. Safe Child Guidelines are followed. Nursery toys and surface areas are disinfected after each session.
- We believe God has given parents a mandate to help their children grow in faith, so our role is to partner with parents.
- We believe ministry is not "to" children, but "with" children. So we believe every program must be child-centered, relevant, relational, creative, fun and God-honoring. God's not boring; children's ministry shouldn't be either!
- We believe children should feel God's unconditional love, so our discipline practices reflect God's love and grace.
MEET OUR MIDKIDS DIRECTOR
Melissa Withrow joined the leadership team at Middle in 2018. She has a Masters Degree in Education and is an art teacher in the Belle Vernon Area School District. She has been our Vacation Bible School Director since 2012.