Summer sermon series from the book of Nehemiah: God Rebuilds Us!
The sermon didn't record this week. I am so sorry if you have been listening online. Here are the SERMON NOTES for this week.
The Scripture is Nehemiah 7:1-3 and Nehemiah 4
1. We all need “Walls to Protect” and “Gates to Prosper.”
2. Life doesn’t just happen to us. We let things in and refuse to keep things out.
3. You get to choose what walls and gates you build. But you don’t get to choose the
consequences that go with your choices. So - be careful where you build your walls and who/what guards the gates in your life.
4. If you are going to build Godly walls and gates, there will be opposition!
5. Pick up a shovel and carry a sword.
6. You are not alone and you are not on your own.
7. God protects what matters.
Something Nehemiah would want us to know: God rebuilds broken things
When God rebuilds, it’s not always changing things around us, sometimes it is changing things within us.
One thing Nehemiah would want us to do: Pick up a shovel for God’s cause!
Something we can do: Pick up a shovel for God’s cause!
Home is where the heart is…
Exile is where the heart is broken…
Return is what the heart longs for…
Ezra-Nehemiah is a 3-stage return story.
We know what living in exile is… we know that we no longer live in the Garden of Eden.
God wanted Nehemiah to join Him in a cause.
Nehemiah’s holy discontent created in him a willingness to raise walls, reach people and rebuild lives.
The more we understand that God is great and awesome, the more we are changed.
When we make light of God’s greatness, the heavier life becomes!