The Power of the Holy Spirit Sermon Series
SCRIPTURES: Acts 2:1-41, John 14-16, Ez. 36:26-27
The Holy Spirit inside you will be better than Jesus beside you.
Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a package deal.
North Compass point = New Life
South Compass point = Sanctifies
East Compass Point = Empowers
West Compass Point = "WE"
1. The primary work of the Holy Spirit is giving us faith in Jesus Christ.
2. The Holy Spirit is the supernatural source of power that makes us stronger and more mature in
3. The Holy Spirit has a greater work for us to do. He empowers to share Jesus and serve others.
4. The Holy Spirit grows the Church, and unites us in love.
You can only be filled to the degree by which you are willing to be emptied of yourself!
1. The gifts of the Spirit are given to specific believers.
2. They are temporary, outward empowerments so we can share Jesus and serve others.
3. Just as healthy trees bear fruit, life in the Spirit always displays spiritual fruit.
4. Paul describes the essence of Christian living as freedom in the Spirit, not bondage to the law! You can’t legislate morality.
5. It’s the fruit of the Spirit, not the fruit of our efforts. Maturing fruit leads to humility, not arrogance.
6. The fruit of the Spirit only grows in the garden of obedience.
The fruit matures only as we surrender our lives and let the Spirit control us.
7. The fruit of the Spirit is singular. We don’t get to pick and choose which variety we exhibit!